Get started now!
$2.6 billion in audiobook sales in 2017.
How are your audiobook sales going?
- Oh. You don't have any audiobooks. Let's fix that.
- You have audiobooks, but they're not selling. We have some ideas.
Let's walk through how to create, edit, publish, and market your audiobooks.
Oh, while we're working with audio, let's toy around with podcasts and dictation.
I Can't Not Do This
You know those things that you Just Have To Do? This is one of them.
I've written 19 books. It's easy for me. I want it to become easy for you.
I wrote 5 of those books together with my two young boys (then 8- and 10-years old). Then I wrote 2 more with my 17-year-old nieces.
The experience was magical, awful, a disaster, a sparkly magical wonderland and in the past.
In the past? Yes, because we did it. We're done. We're onto the next thing.
But you. You haven't done it yet. I want you to experience what I experienced together with my kids.
That's it. That's my goal.
Oh yeah, we're going to write a book while doing it. You may have noticed that "The Book" is almost secondary. What I really want is the experience with a kid--for them but also for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are my goals for you with the Audio for Authors course:
- Your book is produced in audiobook format (whether doing it yourself or hiring out the work).
- At least a chapter of your book is on a podcast. As a student of the course, you qualify for your first chapter in the Chapter Won podcast.
- You give dictation a try. It's one of those things you'll love or hate. I love it and I hope you do, too.
My not-so-secret goal is that you fall in love with your books in audio format and your readers are transformed into listeners and you start receiving royalties from audiobook distribution companies you've never heard of from new fans in faraway countries.
Sound like fun? It does to me.
See you on the inside.